Saturday, October 30, 2010

Welcome

This is a place where I will be posting some essays on works of literature, as well as other things related to literary criticism. It's focus will be on all works considered to be classics. I will also be exploring so called "non-imaginative" writings, such as philosophical works here. I hope you enjoy this blog, and find some interesting information.

To those familiar with the art of literary criticism, you may recognize the title of this blog from the famous work of Northrop Frye. I have taken much of my theory from that work, and consider it a masterpiece. It is in honor of the great Canadian critic that this site is dedicated. I will begin with a brief synopsis of his 'Anatomy of Criticism', and carry on to some of my essays on great works.

I can be emailed directly at portcontrol8@gmail.com

Here's to a hopefully fun and enlightening exploration of art.

No comments:

Post a Comment